Friday, July 12, 2013

I am Clean!

It really isn't horrible. The bowel clean out for today's colonoscopy called SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit was easy. There were two bottles and a large cup in the box. At 3:00 yesterday, I poured one bottle of sweet liquid into the cup then added water to the rim. Within an hour, one must have another two full cups of plain water. That's it. No gallons of salted water!

It took about two hours for it to begin its work. I went about eight times and slept through the night. This morning, I had Michael wake me before 6 to do the whole process again. I am sipping the last cup of water while I type.

Around 9AM, I will drive to mom's then we will go together to the colonoscopy. It will take about two hours if they are on schedule then I can eat real food for the first time since Wednesday.

I feel 10 pounds lighter!

It is going to be a long day. Ten years ago, I remember feeling tired and hungry but couldn't eat much after the procedure. I have a feeling it will be the same today. Michael is going to meet me at mom's if I don't think I can drive home, after a few hours.

No comments: