Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Fun Begins


It wasn’t the phone call I was expecting. It came as I was in the car running to Safeway because I forgot something earlier. I was in a hurry so I almost didn’t answer it.

It was the doctor who did my colonoscopy with the news that the biopsy of the polyp came back as “premalignant.” It was not cancer yet but it had the potential, with time, to become a nice case of colon cancer. Yikes!

So now what? She said not to worry about it and that she wants to see me again in five years. Simple. But, it still creeped me out.

Fruit and Cheese Pizza
In other news, I am ready for Michael’s mom and her sister who arrive this afternoon. The Fruit and Cheese Pizza (her birthday cake) is finished, the chicken liver appetizer is ready and I will also serve Truffle Cheese with Quince and a fine Brie. We are taking them to dinner to our favorite dive down the coast for artichoke soup, freshly baked sour dough French bread and oysters. (With my diet, I have a fresh artichoke and the grilled calamari appetizer.) Oh, and cocktails, of course. Since I am a non-drinker, I will be driving home along the ocean.

While the housekeepers are doing their magic, I will be cutting the grass then jumping into the shower before heading to the airport. I am so excited to greet them both with leis and a crown for Mary. Hopefully, I will be able to rally a group of people to sing Happy Birthday with me! We’ll see.

No comments: