Thursday, July 11, 2013

Cleaning Out

I so wanted everything to be perfect but...I don't think the contractors will be finished with their project until the day before Mary's arrival for her birthday celebration. And, the pile of old ducts is on the front lawn. My lawn that I have been fertilizing and watering and encouraging to grow to look green and perfect for the visit. My guess is that it will be dead when they remove all the stuff.

Most of the inside of the windows were cleaned yesterday, jello was made for today, all the towels in the guest bathroom were washed and I clean Michael's medicine cabinet while the workers walked through the house.

Today. Clean out day. My colonoscopy is tomorrow so today is a liquids only day and the clean out begins at 3:00. What fun! With that in mind, one of the workers under the house spotted a very minor drip from our bathroom toilet. The wax ring needed to be replaced. Since the goal today is to send a couple of smaller guys down into the tiny crawl space to sweep the entire floor before they install the new ducts, Michael wanted to take care of it before this morning. So, last night at 6:45, we headed over the pass to Orchard Supply to buy all the stuff to fix the toilet AND we got a new toilet seat! By 8:30 it was fixed. I have a brilliant husband.

No comments: