Friday, July 26, 2013

Unfolding Days

It is so interesting how days unfold. I took a shower then waited to hear from William yesterday. I knew the tour buses were driving up from a concert in LA and he would be staying at hotel for four days near the concert venue in Berkeley. I just didn't know the time line. Around 11:00 I texted him. He said they were waiting to get their hotel rooms and he needed a shower before spending the day with me. Okay. I waited. Finally at noon, I texted him to say that it would take an hour to get there, he had just gotten into a room so I began my journey.

I felt like an adult. Traffic is always difficult. I hate the Bay Bridge.

But yesterday, the traffic was not horrible, I found a new way onto the bridge that avoided a lot of traffic, I worked my way to his hotel and we met in the parking lot. Easy. Lots to talk about. He looked fantastic. He has been riding his bike on average of 20 miles a day. There is a running coach on tour with them as the lead singer is preparing for a 100 mile trail run. Having never been a runner, he is going to have the coach show him the proper form as to not hurt himself. Having not eaten breakfast yet, he was hungry. Whenever he is in town, he tries to have an In-N-Out Burger as he cannot eat them very often. We drove to one near Michael's work, he gobbled down a Double Double then we met Michael at his work. It was my first time meeting everyone as well. It was a very impressive operation, I as able to meet so many of the people Michael has been telling me about and it made my heart sing as I would glance over at Michael and William standing together. I love that. William towers over Michael but you can tell how they relate to each other, lean into each other, that they adore each other.

William and I left Michael to his work and spent the next three hours with my mom. She was so shocked and surprised when she opened the door and there stood William! She gave him a tour of the entire facility (something we had not done) then she wanted him to drive her new Mini-Cooper. So, off we went to Starbucks for a Chai for her and a latte for him. Back home, we talked and suddenly it was time to go back to Michael's work.

We threw him in the car, William drove us to our favorite French restaurant where they had a beet salad, bone marrow and fries with aioli as appetizers. Michael had his favorite duck confit, I my lamb daube and William had muscles. Free desserts were presented from the owner and two hours later, we were back on the Bay Bridge headed to the Berkeley hotel. What a day!

After telling William about our early dinner plans today, he really wants to taxi there to be with us but doesn't know if the sound checks will be finished in time. So, we may see him for dinner or may not.

It is going to be another late night.

This morning, I have an appointment in the city with my endocrinologist and must leave within the hour. I won't return until the concert is over late tonight. So, I must pack our concert clothes - the venue is outside - blankets to sit on and heavy coats. After the doctor appointment, I will be meeting mom for lunch then Michael at 3:00 to begin our adventure.

It will be interesting to see how this day unfolds.

No comments: