Monday, November 24, 2014

No Routines

For the last couple of day, my life has been very simple and quiet. The upside of Michael not having a driver's license is that I have been spending more time with him than usual. It has destroyed my routine but I don't care. He is alive and functioning and feeling normal again.

I have to do NOTHING for Thanksgiving, except drive Michael and my mom to Lee and Jeff's home where we will also enjoy their daughter Shelley and her boyfriend Russ. A small gathering. William will still be in Europe. No Thanksgiving for him!

Yesterday, Michael wanted to do a few things at his shop before meeting up with the twin and a business friend. I kept myself busy by hitting the Dollar Store then CVS. Mom's CVS. While paying, guess who walked through the doorway? Yup, she did. What are the odds? We walked and talked together, she bought what she needed before heading to Starbucks for a Chai, we sat in the car and chatted some more! Finally, it was time to pick Michael up and head home.

Today is a big day for us. I will hit AAA to help us with some issues regarding the Porsche before taking mom to her balance physical rehab. After a very quick lunch, I will swing by to grab Michael for his final appointment with the neurologist. That should be interesting. This evening, we will complete the paperwork for the reinstatement of his driver's license and I will drop them off at the Kaiser business office tomorrow. Michael so needs his independence back, I would love my routine back and our lives to return to normal.

No comments: