Monday, November 10, 2014

Finally Sharing with our Son

Gearing up for the week. Mom has her rehab today followed by some food and Christmas shopping. Yes, I said the word I have been avoiding and refusing to walk down any aisle in any store that has Christmas displays. But, she found the Macy's Christmas store and...well, we need to check it out.

My birthday was very quiet, which was just fine for the two of us. We were both needing a day off. William was on tour with a stop in Basil Switzerland and phoned after the concert around 3:00 our time to wish me a happy birthday. It was great to hear his voice, even though he had a screaming cold. I hate it when I know he is sick. I want to fly to wherever he is, make chicken soup and hover over him. We had been waiting for this call.

He and I made a deal that if he was out of the country and I got sick, he wanted to be told when it all settled down rather than just going into it. He said it made him feel so helpless and wanted to hear what happened, unless I went down hill. So, when Michael has his seizure, we knew he would phone me for my birthday a week later and we would have more information about what happened to him. I was able to relay the basics to William then he spent a long time talking with Michael, which helped calm his anxiety.

Michael is feeling like he is 75-80% of normal. He is still very unsteady, especially in the morning. Dizziness is also an issue, which I believe is related to his inner ear fluid getting messed up in the fall. We plan to see his primary doctor tomorrow and will discuss the blood sugar and inner ear issues.

I am looking forward to my Thursday appointment with the liver doctor. It will be our first chat since my liver biopsy so I will have more information to share afterwards.

No comments: