Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Stay Well Through the Holidays

The neurologist was jubilant and so happy for us yesterday. All brain tests: normal. He asked to see Michael in six months. All good news. Michael and I met back home after his work and after dinner, answered all the questions on the form to reinstate his driver's license. I tweaked them on the computer and will hand write them into the tiny spaces this morning after letting them marinate overnight. I like to reread everything and make minor changes. This morning, I am going to take the papers to have them copied then to the Kaiser business offices. Hopefully, they will completed and submitted soon! Drama!

My rehab boys are expecting me at class today. I need a good workout. My toe nails need painting so I will swing by the nail place afterwards to see if they have time for me.

Do you remember the woman Sherman spoke to then referred to me? She was up for lung transplants but was turned down due to the weight she had gained on prednisone. I had given her a lot of recipes and the formula I have been using: 1,200 calories, exercise everyday, 3-4 ounces of protein and non-starchy vegetables. She showed up in our class last week, as she had graduated from the 8-weeks of education and rehab. I almost did not recognize her. She had lost a lot of weight and looked so happy! She had been so depressed! It made my heart sing!

Stay well. Try to wash your hands a lot. Avoid sneezing people. Don't shake hands. We are in the holiday season where we begin to share lots of indoor time with others. Let's not share the flu or a cold.

No comments: