Monday, April 11, 2016

Baking

I was able to keep moving yesterday. Though I never left the house, I got a lot done including the laundry, the linens, ran the dishwasher, read the new Vanity Fair and noticed a beautiful hydrangea was beginning to bloom for the first time in two years. It was confused with the hot weather months before last year's blooming period. I am hoping its fellow hydrangeas get the hint and join in. Two look like they are thinking about blooming but the third one, I don't know. Stubborn.

It was a sports fans Sunday as we watched the SF Giants game, the final round of the Master's Golf Tournament and the Golden State Warriors Game. All ended well!

We were so taken care of last week during the problems with the smog for our new/old car that we are planning a treat for them. Today, after spending the day with mom, I am going to make a batch of my super delicious baklava. It is great because it is not as sticky sweet as other baklava. Tuesday morning, Michael is going to buy a box of coffee from Peet's and I am going to bring the baklava and we will drop them off in the morning for the entire crew. The owner of the place and Michael became friends when he was working and they have remain friends. A really nice man and a really nice group of employees.

We are beginning to plan our day together on Wednesday. Buying groceries is on the list for sure. It is going to be in the high 70s this coming weekend so we are thinking of hauling out the Weber BBQ and splitting a small rib eye steak between us. A rare treat.

No comments: