Sunday, April 3, 2016

Enjoying the Work

It is nothing short of a miracle that I was able to walk down the hallway without pain this morning! I was limping around yesterday. Hips and knees. It all began last Thursday working in the gardens for many hours then I hit them again yesterday. It took just over an hour to weed two small flower gardens because my knees were so bruised from weeding the pavers on Thursday. I have bruises. The only way I got through it was with a pad from Brookstone. It was a lot of work. After that, I moved to the strip next to Ron. It was a mess. I cut and edged smaller stuff around the edges then cleaned up three large bushes with the hedge trimmer, trying not to cut the electrical cord! It took another two hours to do that plus to blow the area clean, rake up all the materials and toss them into the second garden recycling bin. Impressive!

It was finally noon. A break. I enjoyed a wonderful lunch of leftovers from Friday's lunch with mom. Then, back to the garden! The back yard was waiting for me.

It was in pretty good shape but needed the grass cut. Simple. Done. It needed to be blown clean and the materials hauled to the recycling bin. Then the fun began! I watered the pots while also washing the windows. We have floor to ceiling windows on the south and west sides of the house. No curtains. The gardens are part of the decor. If the windows are dirty, the house feels dirty. I discovered the Windex Wand several years ago. Windex on a stick. So simple that I can clean them without being short of breath and in just a few minutes. Done. I crawled into the house after a total of five hours in the gardens.

After dinner, I took a hot shower and felt human once again. I slept like a baby last night.

Many years ago, we bought Adirondack chairs made from recycled milk cartons for the patio. They have lasted in this sea air and still in great shape. They do get dirty during the winter. Every spring, I clean them with Fantastic. That is the job for today.

I am so very grateful that I am feeling well enough to have been able to work so hard again. Reclaiming my life back from that nasty illness.

No comments: