Wednesday, October 3, 2012

E-mails, Facebook and Fall

My university hospital has a rather new e-mail system to contact a doctor, re-order meds, make appointments, get test results and some other things. I love it.

I don't think I am completely recovered from the acute bronchitis yet so moments ago, I e-mailed Dr. K. to let her know that plus my prednisone dosage status and needing her permission to return to rehab. I swear within minutes, she returned my e-mail. Permission for rehab? Granted. She asked when I am scheduled to see her again. I instantly replied that couldn't get an appointment until November 28th. Easy.

Michael's sister Anna's youngest child just began college. On his Facebook page this morning, he announced that he got his first credit card. What a mistake! I wrote that our son has a debit card and only one credit card, a Gap card. He has no debt. I also posted: Remember - the smaller debts you have, the less pressure you will have to earn enough money to pay the debts. The money mistakes college kids make now could haunt them for years. I pray he is smart enough not to fall into that trap.

Before I lost 60 pounds over a year ago, I hated hot weather. Anything over 58 degrees made me miserable. I never looked forward to summer. Now, I relish walking around in a t-shirt and knee-length walking shorts with sandals. It is going to be with sadness when the normal Fall weather returns and the summer clothes are pushed aside for sweaters and cords and real shoes.

It was 91 degrees in my garden yesterday afternoon. Crazy hot for this time of year, especially along the ocean. The morning light of Fall is streaming through the front windows right now. It is only going to be 69 degrees today, or so they say. Hair cut and Safeway are on the list of things to do today along with orchestra rehearsal tonight. Elgar. Yuck!

No comments: