Sunday, November 9, 2014

A Very Happy Birthday

Today is my birthday. Now a week after Michael's seizure, I already have my birthday gift. He is alive, functioning, talking and almost himself. That is the best present ever.

We ran to Kaiser to grab the new blood glucose monitoring meter then stopped at Nordstrom because I noticed my brown tights had a run in them. By noon, we nabbed British Don from his city loft and walked to a fantastic place just three blocks away. It was in an old factory and was a totally cool environment. The food was perfect. Their URL is:  HERE We then drove to a new coffee spot and sat for another couple of hours. By 5:30, we were home and thinking about dinner when the phone rang. It was Jim. He had fresh Dungeness Crab. The first of the season.

We drove to the other end of town, told him about Michael's week, hauled three crab home and enjoyed about half of them for dinner. The best crab. They were much sweeter than last year's crop. Guess what's for lunch today? By the time we settled in, we both were exhausted.

Wayne and his family invited us to join them for a birthday lunch today but we are going to just stay in. Maybe later, we will have a light dinner in town, I will ask Michael to order a dessert so I can have just a bite of birthday cake.

All in all, a perfect birthday filled with gratitude.

No comments: