Friday, November 7, 2014

Lots of Good News

This lack of sleep is really killing me. I am still in the panic and gathering information stage of Michael's seizure, so sleep is eluding me. Maybe this weekend I can catch some naps and downtime.

The great news is we got the official word that the MRI was normal. No tumors, thank goodness. Now we wait to see the damage the seizures have done in his brain with the EEG on Tuesday.

The other wonderful news is that he is feeling fantastic. I worried all morning yesterday then he phoned around 11:30 to tell me that he could feel his brain healing at work. He was thinking well. He was functioning well. I felt my whole body relax. Such very good news.

I spent some time with mom yesterday. She was missing me! I am going be with her again early this morning then I am so looking forward to spending some time with my friend Dolores. It has been too long. We have a lot of catching up to do! It will also be a chance to take a deep breath and feel a little bit normal again.

It's funny, all the things that I have learned about living well with my bad diagnosis have transferred to Michael. He does not have depression. He knows that he may have to make some adjustments in his life but to keep moving forward. He knows to try to see the silly side of a bad situation and laugh as much as possible. And not to worry about things that "might" happen. That is so important.

No comments: