Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas

Here we go! Ready or not! A very Merry Christmas to you! Thank you for sharing a rather rough health year with me. 2017 should be interesting as I either join a drug study or continue to slide into lung transplants.

But for today, I will have my dearest husband by my side all day. He watches me and notices when I need a bit of help and is always positive and kind. We are blessed to still have my mom with us, to share this time of our lives together. My sister and her family is full of new changes in the coming year. Her daughter is getting married in April and my sister has already incorporated the husband-to-be's family into their lives. It is all good.

William will be greatly missed today. We will talk but I am counting the days until we see him in February.

The food is ready except for a few things, Michael will go over the pass to pick up my mom and we will have a fun Norwegian Christmas. Photos will be posted soon!

Yesterday, all the neighbors came by to share homemade goodies. Some stayed for a cocktail with Michael, others just chatted a bit. It was so much fun and we are so blessed to be surrounded by such positive, good people.

And finally, I was drifting off to sleep in bed last night when the doorbell rang around 8:30PM. Suddenly, I heard violins and Christmas carols with singers! The wonderful woman we played with at the goat farm had arrived with Leslie and about eight other musicians and were serenading us. I climbed out of bed, threw on a robe, had my oxygen on and almost cried. What a gift. It was so unexpected and simply a marvelous surprise. They were then heading to Tim's house north of us to surprise him. What good people.

No comments: