Friday, December 27, 2013

Back to Normal

He is gone. It is 6AM and I just returned from an airport run with William. Seattle and his own bed awaits him. It has been a nice week and the house suddenly feels empty.

While walking into the packed restaurant at the harbor last evening, I ran into the percussion teacher from the schools where I got sick. He was stunned. I do look very different from when I left in 2005. He confirmed the things I have heard about the changes to my department and we had a nice chat. After dinner, we dropped by Wayne and Jill's for a couple hours. They have known William almost his entire life and love to connect with him whenever he is in town.

I am tired, not coughing too much but really do need some downtime. After some sleep this morning, I need to pay some bills, balance the checkbook, food shop for the weekend, water the yard, run a load of laundry, pick up the house and make some dinner. A normal Friday.

No comments: