Monday, December 23, 2013

Glorious Day of Nothingness

Nothing today. Nothing planned. Nothing expected. Nothing to have to do. It is a much needed break.

Michael fell into bed at 8PM and he had a panic start to the day when he awakened more than an hour later than usual. Off to work he went, still in a sleep fog. He is fighting a cold with lots of sinus issues but says he feels pretty good. His work should be light today as there is going to be a Christmas lunch and there is a rumor that they will close a bit earlier this evening.

We rested and napped yesterday while waiting for the sound guy to contact us. Never happened, which actually was fine with me. By 3:00, we were at mom's to bring her back to our house to spend some time in front of the roaring fire with William by her side. Our friend Randy dropped by with his three Boston Pugs and regaled us with stories and a bottle of this year's batch of Kahlua. I took a sip. Delicious.

I am coughing. It doesn't sound good. Actually, I feel much better this morning but I am still going to phone the local doctor to have her listen to my chest.

With no other plans, it will be interesting to see how the day unfolds.

No comments: