Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pain the the Back

A couple days before Christmas, I was leaning over from the waist to check some garlic bread in the oven when something happened. When I stood up, I had incredible pain in my lower back. It was a simple as that. I took some of Michael's acetaminophen and it dampened it a bit. Two days later, I had to sit in the back of a small car for two hours one way to Christmas. More drugs. It is much better now but it is still a shock to feel something when I get up in the morning or if I sit too long.

With that in mind, I have to do some trimming in the yard today. No cutting. No pushing a mower. Just hand trimming, which should not hurt my back. I hope. We are also having the drying winter on record ever. No rain since a small storm in October. My sprinklers are still set on their summer cycle. Crazy dry. I hope it ends soon!

The house feels so empty after having William with us for over a week. No more eating out. We had a small dinner last night and it felt great to eat our normal food once again.

New Years. 2014. Just around bend. Incredible.

No comments: