Friday, December 20, 2013

He is Home

The eagle has landed. William is home. (At the airport waiting for him, I had great conversations with a lady who worked for Carnival Cruises who was waiting for groups of people flying in, a woman from South Africa waiting for her son from Florida and a charming kid from Brazil but in college in Canada who was waiting for 13 of his buddies who are all driving from SF to LA together and ending in Las Vegas for New Year's Eve.)

He looks good. We first drove by my rehab class to give a thank you envelope to the young woman who works and has control over the very small parking area. It is a tough job and she handles it with grace. She also saves a parking place for me! We met Michael at his work where he introduced William to a few of his workmates before we went to lunch together. Then to the fancy bourbon store and Bev Mo for William to buy a few gifts before driving over the pass to the harbor for crab. Four crabs. Delicious, rich, silky, perfectly steamed crabs. We hung out at home, he transferred my Amazon Cloud music onto my iTunes, showed me his Kindle (I think I must buy one) and talked the afternoon away before Michael arrived home from work.

He also loved the baklava and Nespresso.

After dinner, he and Michael had a small bit of the good bourbon while looking at William's 1966 Mustang convertible in our garage. The plan is for the two of them to paint it this coming summer. They noticed that our neighbor Joe was hanging more lights and went over to bring him a bit of bourbon - just to warm him up! I brought over a gift of baklava for the family before I notice their neighbor Kevin was out turning on his Christmas lights. "I have something for you," I said as I scurried home to grab his gift of baklava and back to the neighbors where we all stood and chatted for a bit. Joe had just returned from four days on the beach in Hawaii and was still dreaming of the sands and the beaches. Did I mention it was so very cold?

I headed to bed, leaving Michael while he was eating a piece of baklava, and drifted off hearing the gentle sounds of the two of them talking and laughing and simply enjoying each other. My heart was filled with joy and happiness. I am truly blessed.

No comments: