Friday, December 6, 2013

Grateful for Crazy Day Ahead

It was so cold yesterday that my windshield wiper fluid was frozen. Wait, we are in California. We are on the ocean. This just does not happen! It was cold all day long, lots of black ice on the roadways and rather made me remember my youth in Chicago! Okay, it wasn't that cold...

I hit the stores and bought Michael's mom her presents, found some cute espresso cups for one of our presents from mom, had to buy a small Christmas tree made with heavy paper with music printed on it for my sister and found the most adorable "Dancer" ornament for my niece.

Sherman was at rehab just waiting for me and we had a long chat before class. Lots of new people have joined but Sherman and I were trying to think of all the people who have not been to class in months. Most had medical issues and, sadly, passed away. There has been a huge change over of people from just a year ago. We were happy that we were still standing and present!

Today is going to be a crazy day. Within minutes, I need to hit the road for the other rehab then to the butcher to buy the rib-eye steaks for the company tomorrow. I'll see mom for a couple of hours then fly home to make the pancetta and porcini mushroom potato gratin and the praline-covered chocolate cake for tomorrow night. The napkins need to be ironed along with a few of Michael's shirts, the wine glasses need to cleaned and then I will make a nice dinner for us for tonight. Michael is still having problems eating, is in far less pain but still uncomfortable.

I love these days. They fly by and I feel so satisfied when I climb into bed at the end of the day. Grateful that I am able to do everything I want to do. So very grateful.

No comments: