Sunday, December 8, 2013

Dinner Recap

 Dinner was relaxed and perfect. Susan and Randy really enjoyed themselves and stayed until 11:30! That was even more shocking knowing that Susan had driving up from LA at dawn Saturday morning. She must have been exhausted. We took these photos of the house lit with Christmas trees and lights before they came.

With the weather dropping into the 30s, Michael and Randy braced themselves against the cold to BBQ the beautiful rib eye steaks. Our guests loved the dinner and we served the cake and champagne at the fireside in the living room. I am tired this morning but I think it is due to going to bed so late, though I slept until 7:30AM.

Last night was the first time we have had friends for dinner in a long time. I was worried that I might not have the stamina to get the house ready, do the gardens, prepare the food and entertain. This was a test. I did manage my time well, was not at all overextended yesterday so only time will tell if I recover quickly from all the fun. My next focus will be to prepare menus and Christmas treats for William's arrival on the 19th.

Michael is going to hang the outdoor Christmas lights today so our decorating festivities will be done.

Here we go into the hustle and bustle of the holidays. There is so much more to do: presents to buy and wrap, food to prepare to give as gifts, clean the guest bedrooms. I am making my list and checking it twice!

No comments: