Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Small Bottle of Water

Oliver did not need me yesterday so I settled into the pre-game fun but, by the second inning of the game....YIKES! It was a rough night!

Before the rehab class, I did run to Ross Stores, found fantastic new sheets for the guest bed for just $29.00 but they only had velour-type blankets. Off to Macy's, I found a perfect Ralph Lauren white textured blanket on sale for $39.00 reduced from $100.00! I am going to iron the sheets then put everything on the bed today.

Michael is taking the day off to do some errands. This afternoon, I am taking him in for a flu shot! I also need him to help remove the glass on the main shelf of the refrigerator for a good cleaning. It is a two man job.

I was given a gift yesterday. Kathy at the rehab class, travelled to Europe and went to Lourdes, high in the French Pyrenees. If you have never seen the old movie, Song of Bernadette about a "lady" who spoke to a young child in the city dump, it is worth the viewing. The "lady" had Bernadette dig in the dirt with her hands and a spring began to flow. The water from this spring has purportedly cured illnesses and, in the movie, blindness. A visit to this holy site was on my list of things to do just before Dr. K. banned me from air travel.

Kathy told me that it was amazing to see the beautiful church surrounding the spring and to be apart of the entire process. Men and women are separated. She was taken into an area surrounded by draperies, nuns had her remove her clothing, a wet sheet soaked in the spring water was wrapped around her, prayers were said, she dressed and left.

She told me that even though she is not "cured" she was feeling remarkably better. Her strength and energy level was greatly improved. She was doing physical things she has not been able to do in years. She was hoping it lasted.

Yesterday, she gave me a small bottle of this holy spring water. She said to bless myself with it and say a prayer for healing and strength.

No comments: