Thursday, October 9, 2014

Wedding Prep, Exercise and a Rehearsal

Facial, hair and eye brows? Done! The march to make me presentable at the formal wedding on Saturday is moving forward as planned. Toe nails are scheduled to be painted tomorrow then makeup professionally applied on Saturday morning. The weather forecast inched up a couple of more degrees and I fear it is going to be hot! Visions of sitting in the hot sun with my fancy makeup dripping down my face is a real possibility. My plan? I am bringing my oxygen with me. Heat makes me short of breath which makes me sweat. I am also bringing an umbrella and we will sit in the very back of the audience. Short of staying in the car for the entire ceremony, that is about all I can do. It could be ugly.

Yesterday's 90-minute yoga class was one of the best I have attended. My body moved well and I didn't need any supplemental oxygen. The studio was cooler than usual, which is maybe why I was breathing so well. Afterwards, the house was picked up for the housekeepers and I made tonight's dinner. Just trying to stay a step ahead! Finally, the strings only orchestra rehearsal was a challenge. We were in a small space with horrible lighting. We all looked sleep deprived and zombie-like. My string bass, on the other hand, loved the space. It was able to be heard above all the other instruments so I had to pull back a bit. It was rather fun to hear its deep resonance against the violins, which I usually don't hear well as they are across the large rehearsal space with all the brass and woodwinds between us during a normal rehearsal.

Michael is dragging. He still is not completely recovered from his cold. He is tired. Last night, I told him not to wait up for me and to just go to bed. I would get the bass back into the house. He was totally out when I got home. A few more nights like that and he should feel a bit better soon. Wedding hair cut for him tonight.

Pulmonary rehab class is this morning so I have been able to exercise everyday since Saturday. I feel so much better, looser, stronger, breathing better and even thinner!

No comments: