Friday, October 10, 2014

Sore Muscles

I thought I was doing well, not a lot of sore muscles from all the workouts this week, until I began to warm up for the rehab class yesterday. Ouch! It was mostly in my shoulders but it was a struggle to complete the entire workout. I found myself dozing off late in the afternoon and slept well all night.

This morning, I will drive over the pass to collect mom then work our way back to the coastside for our toenail appointment. As is our tradition, we will enjoy a lunch of fish tacos afterwards. We will also enjoy endless conversations together!

Friday night! Michael usually has a bit of his favorite Kentucky bourbon and we sit out in the garden talking about the week and the upcoming weekend. Still not feeling a hundred percent, he will probably not feel like a cocktail. I suspect that tonight will be quiet and both of us will be snoring early. Tomorrow is going to be a big day! Wedding day!

So, I will take my sore body out into the world and enjoy my day with mom. It is such a gift to still have an independent 86-year old mother who is also a lot of fun.

No comments: