Thursday, October 23, 2014

Two Pounds

I am on the wagon! Every bit of food is being counted and weighted for the next two weeks. I gained two pounds! I know that sounds like no big deal but the problem is that two pounds can quickly grow to four then before a blink of an eye, all ninety pounds are back! It must be stopped at two.

After the weigh-in, Michael and I spent an hour together for a rare weekday lunch (salad and chicken). It was at a little place that will probably be a franchise one day. Excellent food in a fast food setting. We sat outside on the warm patio and chatted. It was such a nice way to waste one of the hours before I could go home. Our street had its finishing coat laid yesterday and looks so clean and new. But, no one could drive on it until 4:30.

After lunch, I did a Macy's run to buy Levi's for Michael, bought potting soil for the new outdoor planter, drove my way to the other rehab for a fantastic workout, got my flu shot, grabbed a cup of coffee before parking near our street waiting for it to open.

It felt fantastic to be back in my little home after a long day, I picked up for the housekeepers due this morning, prepared dinner and watched the World Series. It was an ugly loss! Michael and I were able to spend another 40 minutes together before I had to leave for orchestra rehearsal.

It was one of those magical nights. All three pieces came together and was so satisfying to play. All the nasty runs and rhythms magically flowed from my fingers. Franz von Suppe's Morning, Noon and Night in Vienna Overture; Smetana's The Moldau and Beethoven's Seventh Symphony all just blossomed under my hand. What a fun night!

Mom and I are going to have some Starbuck's together this morning then I am off to the rehab class for a good workout. I have two pounds to lose!

No comments: