Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Just a Weird Day

So many wacky and weird things happened yesterday. Mom and I arrived early to her hearing aids appointment at Costco then made it though the entire warehouse for well under $100.00. Dangerous place! We went to lunch at Nordstrom and chatted away before food shopping. Heading back over the pass, it was PACKED. I had forgotten it was a holiday, everyone was here to watch the big pumpkin weigh off or to visit one of the pumpkin patches. I was tired but now I was tired and running late.

After a quick run to Safeway, I got home, settled in for a few minutes before getting ready to make an appetizer and change for the dinner party last night. Around 4PM, the door bell rang. Outside was a HUGE man asking if the Porsche was for sale. We are in a housing complex and our little cul-de-sac is right in the middle of it all. We never get people wandering around this far into the confusing complex of windy narrow streets with no sidewalks.

No, not for sale. Okay. He and the driver of the 1990s tiny, old car with front end damage took off. It just didn't feel right. This guy said he had a really expensive Porsche and was looking for a less expensive one so he could get rid of his large car payments. It was a few minutes after he left that it began to feel that it all just didn't feel right. I realized that this guy would not fit into a Porsche.

I phoned the Sheriff dispatch non-emergency number to file a report. She said that it sounded like it was a check to see if someone was home for a smash and grab. A kick through the front door on a very quiet street with no one around.

Great.

Michael phoned. He was trying to get home from work and discovered that the traffic was backed up for miles on the other side. He was going to take the long way to the coast through the mountains and would meet me at Dave and Lori's.

Now, I am really late. I throw on some fresh makeup, change my clothing, fluff my hair then make the appetizer. Just as Michael hits Highway 1, I head out the door to the Stewart's. What a day. Nothing worked out as planned but, we adjusted and had one fantastic night at their house. We even had a brief conversation with the bride and groom from their Hawaiian honeymoon. Dinner was simple and good. We didn't get home until 11:30PM.

I am staying home today. I am exhausted and really don't want to get sick again. So, I am thinking about cooking and napping and I may even do a bit of trimming in the yard, if it doesn't rain. It is looking a bit dark right now. We are also scheduled to have the complex resurfaced today. Did I mention the Giants game begins at 1PM? Yes, I am staying home.

No comments: