Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Playing Backup

Here are a few photos of the new steel planter, which is still gray but turning rusty orange/brown right before our eyes. The Horsetail Bamboo should grow up to 48" high.

Warm days and cool nights. Halloween around the corner. Rain is forecasted for Friday. It must be Fall. Today is a simple day featuring rehab class after a quick run to Macy's to look for bedsheets for the guest room. Maybe Oliver. Oliver? Yes! Natalie sent an email yesterday asking if I could be backup in case her sitter was delayed in travel. It would happen at 5:00 and Natalie would arrive home around 7:30. Her husband is in New York for a friend's wedding and not available to help. They have a weird TV situation so I don't think I will be able to watch the ballgame... will tape it on my way out the door if I have to play backup. If I get to spend a few hours with one of my most favorite kids.

Natalie and the kids are invited to our house for trick or treating again this year. Their complex does not allow it, we have a very safe neighborhood and I feature apple cider for the kids and beer for the adults. Always a hit!

I took a walk along the ocean in the late afternoon yesterday but I was only able to do about 40 minutes. It was cool and very breezy. The good news is that I no longer have pain down my right leg. My back is in alignment and feeling good! Amazing what a walk will do!

I have had no side effects from the flu shot and it will be my major focus to have Michael inoculated. Part of him wants it but the other part doesn't. I just need to remind him that it could kill me if he brings it into the house. That usually does it. If not, a detailed reminder of how he felt having the flu four years ago should do the trick for the treat of the shot.

No comments: