Friday, October 24, 2014

Exercise, Testing for Lungs, Guests

This week, I have exercised every day since Tuesday and will hit the other rehab this morning. It is amazing how much looser I feel as well as standing taller and breathing better. Consistent exercise. The answer to a better quality of life, especially for those of us with a lung disease.

One of the newest members of the rehab class has a connective tissue disease as well as an ILD. A double hitter! She only was diagnosed with the ILD a year ago but has quickly declined. She told me yesterday that she is having the testing on her heart today as part of the invasive testing for lung transplants. She has already completed all the other non-evasive testing like a mammogram and colonoscopy.

Other people I know who were waiting for transplants looked horrible. Close to death. She looks fantastic. Super healthy. Clearly, she has been on prednisone and is carrying extra weight. I would guess that she is between 20-25 away from the needed BMI for transplants so I was surprised that she is  this far into testing at her current weight. I hope this all works out for her and she gets her new pink lungs as she is so lovely and nice.

After work last night, Michael and I put together the new steel 4-foot outdoor planter to replace the vine we removed a couple of weeks ago. It was a lot of work! And heavy! It is finished and in place. Now, I need it to oxidize quickly so it magically turns into that nice shade of orange/brown.

As rain is expected tomorrow, I need to cut the grass after spending the day with mom today. While it rains, I will begin the cleaning of the guest room, polishing of the bits of silver in the house and straightening out the kitchen drawers all in anticipation of Michael's sister and her husband's visit in less than two weeks. Yikes!

Go Giants!

No comments: