Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Forcing Myself to Move

No one was more surprised that the Giants beat the Nationals (who beat us up during the season) and will face the Cardinals for the National League title. My family has been Cardinal fans since the 1920s and my brother is still a huge fan. My mom said she is sorry but since my dad was also a Cardinal fan, she will be cheering them on for the championship. I was the lone traitor when I fell in love with the Giants back in the 60s! It will be an interesting five games.

Keep moving the body goal continues. After a couple of weeks of taking it easy to recover from pneumonia, I began to challenge the old body again beginning last Saturday. The rehab class was yesterday but my numbers were not fabulous. They were okay, not great. Earlier, I had taken a walk along the ocean and felt every step. It was not easy but was lovingly cool and foggy though not wet. Good walking weather. Afterwards, I cut up the branches from the vine and began filling the garden recycling bin once again.

This morning, I am going to the yoga class overlooking the ocean to move the old body in a different direction! This week I am also trying to get the body ready for the fancy wedding on Saturday. After yoga, I am going to have my eyebrows waxed then I have a hair appointment in the afternoon followed by orchestra rehearsal tonight. Somewhere in there, I will pickup the house and make dinner. A busy day.

I so appreciate every day that I am upright and able to function. I know that there will be a time when I will suddenly crash and will need supplemental oxygen 24/7. It may be soon. Life will change. I hope I will adjust and try to keep moving. The process of lung transplants will begin. A whole new chapter will unfold. But for now, I am able to jump into my car and drive anywhere I need to go. I am able to get anywhere I need to be. I will continue to force myself to move my body every day.

No comments: