Thursday, October 30, 2014

Torturous Baseball

There was an orchestra rehearsal last night. If either of the two World's Series teams had a blowout, I would have packed up my string bass and hit the door. But, when it was time to leave, I was biting my nails. The score was 3-2. Giant's were ahead. What to do? Well, I had to stay and I am so glad I did. The final three outs were just a taste of their entire torturous season. Not only are the players exhausted but we fans are exhausted, too! The big parade in the city is tomorrow. What a wonderful year it has been!

I was a swirling dervish of activity yesterday. Never a pause. I had a list! The guest room is finished and waiting for Anna and Doug's visit on the 8th. The new sheets, blanket and bed skirt look fresh, clean and welcoming. Everything was ironed before it was put on the bed. While doing the laundry, we tore the refrigerator apart and cleaned ever bit of it! Then, we filled in our election ballot and put it in the mail. We drove into town so Michael could get his flu shot! I then did the recipes for the week and my shopping list for today. While I had Michael corralled, we talked about the food for Anna and Doug's visit and I was able to cobble together a list of food to buy later in the week. Then baseball. It was a fun, busy and satisfying day.

Today, I am going to Safeway this morning then off to the rehab class. Afterwards, I will visit the butcher and Trader Joe's before coming home to cut the lawn. Rain is due tomorrow. And Saturday. And Sunday. Everyone is rejoicing.

Here are the recipes for the week:

Breakfast/Lunch:
Prosciutto and Egg Breakfast Pizza - HERE
Spinach Deviled Eggs with Crispy Prosciutto - HERE
Smoked Salmon Dip - HERE

Dinner:
Pork Chops and Fried Cabbage and Onions (applesauce and fingerling potatoes for Michael - HERE
BLT Chicken with a side salad - HERE
Shrimp Salad with a roll for Michael - HERE

Bon appetit!

No comments: