Monday, October 20, 2014

Pumpkin Festival

We fought our way into town, bought a parking place at the dentist's office then walked the entire festival, Michael had his pumpkin roll and coffee, we split a hamburger, we walked some more, we bumped into several people we knew then after an hour, we were done. Done with the crowds. We realized that we don't do well around groups of people anymore.

The ride home was quick, we watched football and napped before going to Mark's parent's house at 3:00. We thought it was for a glass of wine...then dinner was served. We got home at 7:30.

When I have company for dinner, it drives me crazy when I am told that "I can't eat..." fill in the blank: meat, dairy, carbs, anything with a face, anything cooked. When I started this diet, I made a vow that if some kind soul invited us to a meal at their home, I would try to choose the best foods for my diet but would not mention my diet restrictions. Even if pasta was involved, which is my biggest no-no. It was the case last night. They served a locally known meat recipe which cooks for hours and is served with a sauce on a huge roll. This surely was a treat as this meat was specially prepared for the Chamarita Festival last May. It has been decades since we had our last taste of it but, it was so salty! Our fingers are swollen this morning! I have a day to get rid of it as I weigh in on Wednesday morning.

This morning, mom has a physical therapy appointment to help her with balance and walking. She refuses to use a cane, which would help a lot. Oh, vanity! Afterwards, we will buy groceries and have a nice lunch.  A small lunch.

No comments: