Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Dancing Between Raindrops

Wet. We are very wet and very happy. No mud puddles around us. All the rain has soaked into our parched earth. It continues with a force of wind behind it today. But yesterday? Yikes! The trip to the dermatologist into the city was long and scary and wet and very slow. It took an additional 45 minutes of craziness before I was safe and sound in the parking structure. I worked my way to Starbucks, watched all of humanity walk by the huge windows before heading for my appointment.

The doctor was running late. Really late. Finally, she arrived and was amused by my red pen circles all over my legs and back. She burned off the pre-cancerous spots with her little tool and, within 10-minutes, she was gone. I was back onto the horrible roads except things had changed while I was at the doctor's. They were empty. No one was on the road. The drive back down the Peninsula was a snap! I hit Costco, picked up two sets of glasses for Michael then headed home. He was working on his project in the garage all day, happy to see me home but I pretty much left him alone to focus.

I am going to yoga this morning and orchestra rehearsal this evening. Our focus is on tomorrow when we have to drive into the city around rush hour for the patient advisory board meeting. We had homework so we want to review that before the meeting. Should be interesting. This whole process is so new to Michael that he is a bit overwhelmed by it while it is right up my alley. I am at home,  comfortable and ready to work. It is nice to use that part of my brain again.

No comments: