Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Preparations for Christmas Day

I am sneezing a lot. YIKES! I took Aprodine last night and began a new run of Coldcalm this morning. Two little pills underneath the tongue every 15 minutes for an hour. Then, every hour for a while. I hope to stop whatever it is in it's tracks.

Back to Safeway this morning as I forgot crackers and tomatoes. My plan is to throw some clothes on and run into town at 6AM before the huge crowds.

Yesterday, mom and I had a Christmas lunch at a really nice restaurant. We felt like adults! Afterwards, we did the final Trader Joe's run, I bought the Duraflame Stax (no odor) on the way home, washed the windows and made five pounds of sugar-glazed walnuts. The neighbors bags are all filled and labeled.

I need to run over the pass to buy 3-quarts of the Russian Cabbage Soup to serve Christmas. The grass is just too wet to cut so I am going to trim the edges and blow all the messiness from the month-long storms into the recycle container.

Michael has his phone interview with the DMV tomorrow. Fingers crossed. He really needs his driver's license reinstated after his seizure last month. All the doctors have signed off so it should be approved.

And finally, I need to make five more pounds of sugar glazed walnuts as Christmas gifts for mom, William and my niece Shelley. We are going to two open houses on Christmas Eve so I am bringing a pound to each of those events.

That's it for today. I hope to take a nap later but I am so hyper, I am not sure that is going to happen.

No comments: