Monday, December 29, 2014

Coughing into the New Year

Holiday health report: Michael has a full-blown cold that blossomed yesterday. Lots of blowing and coughing. I have been having lots of GERD, highly unusual. It is so weird to wake up in the morning and spend a few hours burping with no food in the old system. It felt like heartburn and was constant the past couple of days. Yesterday, I was so sick of food that I ate very little all day and awakened this morning with no symptoms. Hopefully, it is gone but I will mention it to the doctors during the next visits. I also have developed a cough that, if it continues, will need to be addressed.

William is healthy.

Speaking of William, he is flying back to his home this afternoon. Our final day together will include meeting Michael at his work then going to a pit BBQ place nearby for lunch together. Afterwards, we will hang out with my mom for over an hour before heading to the airport. Then, life returns to its normal routine. It has been a very happy, fun holiday. The big Christmas day celebration was a success and worth all the work. Almost all the wonderfully bad food is out of the house and our food routines are back in place.

Michael received the official letter from the DMV that he was approved to drive but they required another review in six months. He was jubilant. A late Christmas present. He needs to continue to eat properly, every 3-4 hours, to maintain his blood sugar levels.

His cell phone is still lost. It just goes to voicemail now. I know it is in a customer's car, hidden under a seat and hopefully, will be discovered soon. We are going to wait a few more days before buying a new phone for me and handing mine over to him.

I am looking forward to 2015. The focus will be exercise and proper eating for me. It's my job.

No comments: