Friday, December 19, 2014

Moving through the Holiday

One of my rehab boys, Dick, is much better as of yesterday afternoon. He sounded chipper and so much stronger than when I spoke with him on Tuesday. On the mend. Thank goodness!

Yesterday was the last pulmonary rehab class until after Christmas. All my baklava and sugar-glazed walnut deliveries were made. Done. Now the final countdown to Christmas happens. We still need to buy some presents and smokeless fake wood for the fireplace and the food. Ah, the food. Somewhere, I will also need to find the time to wash the windows and clean up the yards, too.

This has been a very difficult year, emotionally. We have lost a dozen people in our lives, two of which were members of my ILD support group, several were parents of friends and others were contemporaries. Last night, we learned that our dear friend Wayne just learned that his mom has cancer. She is not expected to live very long and hospice is involved. They, of course, are reeling.

More rain today as I meet with a dear friend and former student at the school where I got sick. It will be a quick breakfast before I take mom for her monthly shot in her eye to fight Macular Degeneration. I am so looking forward to hearing how his PhD program at Harvard is going. He is in his second year. Mom's appointment is late afternoon and, with the rain and Friday night traffic, it will be a struggle to get home. A long day ahead.

No comments: