Friday, December 12, 2014

Internet Access is Back

I just now got my Internet access back after the huge storm on Thursday. There is another front going through right now but nothing like yesterday. Four inches of rain, 56mph winds but no damage, thankfully.

My glaucoma doctor was thrilled that my pressure numbers were finally in the normal range (caused by prednisone). He had been considering surgery. Dodged another bullet! For this appointment, I made it over the pass in the worst of the storm on Thursday morning but thankfully, most people stayed home as all the schools in the Bay Area were closed. Immediately afterwards, I scurried back home and listened to the rain on the roof the rest of the day. We had some standing water in the back yard but no flooding.

Mom and I spent today together, everywhere we went were huge crowds of people and cars. Guess everyone who stayed home yesterday wanted to get out and about today. Madness. All our plans changed but we still managed to have lots of fun.

I am home. It is warm and quiet and the Christmas lights are on. Tonight, we are going to sit down and make the Christmas list of all the people and things we need to buy then another list of the food for Christmas lunch, appetizers and breakfast on the 26th. We love doing this. Mom gives each of us $250.00 to buy what we wish, we wrap everything up and open it front of her. She is always delighted. We all try to buy as many things as we can with the money. Sales galore!

Michael and I will begin the negotiations tonight. We will go in with each other for presents that we both can use. Some money goes for personal wants like workout clothing or that sort of thing. We love this process and laugh a lot.

No rain for the weekend but it all begins again on Monday. As we have been in a major drought, I love it but wish it would be a constant light scattering everyday instead of these huge storms. Oh well, beggars...

No comments: