Friday, December 5, 2014

In the Car All Day Yesterday

I can't wait until Michael gets his license back as I am done driving. Yesterday was spent in a car but I did pick up his new distance glasses (sunglasses and reading glasses were picked up earlier in the week) and the papers from Kaiser.

Kaiser. What can I say? It is not the Kaiser we knew five years ago. Every, single person we have met has been outstanding. Helpful. We were sent the driver's license reinstatement papers from the DMV and I dropped them off Tuesday before Thanksgiving for the neurologist to sign off on them. A very sweet woman from Kaiser phoned yesterday to let us know that the papers were ready for pickup. I was beginning to get nervous as they must be into the DMV by next Thursday. When I arrived to pick them up, the woman who helped me once again, was magnificent. I was planning to mail them overnight to the DMV office in the city. She told me that most people FAX them up and, in fact, the DMV actually prefers to receive them that way. Brilliant! So, off I went to a UPS Store and BOOM! Done! Finished! Now we sit and wait for the final step: a possible phone interview or interview in person or driving test or written test or all of the above! They will phone Michael to let us know their decision. One, big problem done.

We drove into the city to the meeting of the patient advisory board at my university hospital. Many different people attended this meeting from the last one, the conversation was lively and so smart that even the doctors were taken aback. Michael talked about it all the way home. He loved it, so different from the previous meeting. I just smiled a lot.

I am hitting the other rehab this morning before spending the day with mom. We have Christmas shopping on the agenda! This weekend, Christmas will happen to the house. The two Christmas trees and the outside lights will all be installed but it will be another week or so before I buy eight poinsettias to scatter around the house. The finishing touch!

No comments: