Monday, September 12, 2011

Sleepy but Busy

Such a nice weekend but a busy week is ahead. I am seeing Dr. M-J, the Weight Management doctor, this morning for possibly the last time.  I am heading to the city at 9:00 for an 11:00 appointment because I need to get a fasting blood draw for the liver people. No coffee or food for me this morning!

I am a bit nervous to weigh in as I ate more than normal when William was here. Cake was involved. I have not been to rehab to weigh myself but during the last several days but I have been feeling that I am fine. Everything fits. I have been very careful about my food since he left. We'll see. 11:00. Think of me!

Tired. Didn't sleep well. Normal Sunday night. I guess my body is so used to activity six days a week that it does not like my "day off" on Sundays. I never sleep well. Last night, I fell asleep around 8:30 but was wide awake from midnight to 4:30AM. King of the Hill, Family Guy, Dateline on ID and Imus kept me occupied.

Also, I was thinking a lot about my goals for next year and two people who have suddenly appeared back into our lives.

Mark was one of the kids who hung out at our house in the very early days. 1975. I think he practically lived with us. It took a few years to figure out why. He had a very difficult home life and we were his safe place. After we had William and moved, Mark disappeared. He has re-surfaced. He has had a difficult life but seems to be back in the land of the living. We are beginning to chat. I would love to see him in person.

Nancy was always seated in front of me in high school. Our last names were close so I saw her back through four years of PE and classes that we had together. I discovered the Class Reunion website, we connected, been chatting on line and now plan to meet for coffee late next week.

Tomorrow, I have an ILD meeting at my hospital. The speaker will be the guru of my disease - Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis. I will take notes and report back to one and all.

Until then, I think I will need a nap later this afternoon!

No comments: