Friday, September 9, 2011

New Job and High School Reunion

Natalie has been hired to teach two levels for a private children’s choirs and to grow the entire program. Perfect. She will be great. The per hour rate is good but she is still struggling with childcare issues. How do people afford childcare? She finally hired a 22-year old for three late afternoons a week. Hopefully, Natalie will net some income.

Last week, we met at Nordstroms to buy some professional clothing for her new job. I only had an hour before I had to be in the rehab class so it was a quick run. Besides Nordstroms, we also ran through Ann Taylor and Macy's where I picked a ton of clothes, ran them into the dressing room where she tried them on. She loved all the things I chose and was able to buy many working basics. 

Today, she and the kids are coming for lunch. I want to hear how it is all going. It is so great to talk music again. Before they arrive, I am going to make homemade caramel corn. It has been so many years since I made it last time that I think William was very little. Winnie is going to love it!

But, the big news is about tonight. My 40th High School Reunion begins tonight with a cocktail party at a hotel over the hill. It has been so much fun reading about everyone on our class website and so many memories have come flooding back. I never was one who looked back and never thought I would care about a reunion. Somehow, I am excited to see these people who shared those very important years. Michael is even looking forward to meeting everyone.

No comments: