Friday, September 23, 2011

Garden Workout

Let no one think that real gardening is a bucolic and meditative occupation.  It is an insatiable passion, like everything else to which a man gives his heart.
~Karel Čapek, The Gardener's Year, translated by M. and R. Weatherall, 1931

My body is restless, tired and just not happy. It needs exercise. The strike is over but the nurses are locked out until Tuesday. No rehab for a total of five days.

Today’s Plan:  Yard work. Heavy, dirty, sweaty yard work.

Besides the normal weekend work, I am going to hit the very front area. The plants have grown too big so they need to be removed and other plants will be installed in the Spring. After digging them out, I have to cut them up with hand shears then toss it into the  garden bin.

This will be an all day event.

By tomorrow, I want my body to feel like it went through a workout and even be a bit sore. Plus, the yard will look better. Two wins. 

No comments: