Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Quiet Sunny Day

It was a very quiet day yesterday. We all slept in and decided to eat lightly as we are going to the French restaurant tonight. I made a crustless quiche of pancetta, onions and spinach for breakfast. We drove to the tide pools and watch many seals sunning themselves just down the beach. Yes, sunning. The sun was shining all day. What a treat.

When we got home, we sat out on the back swing and warmed our bodies and chatted. Soon cocktails happened along with leftover appetizers. Dinner was simple. I had frozen two helpings of the lamb and eggplant dish, which Kimberly and William enjoyed. Also made Trader Joe’s potstickers then tossed a lot of cabbage with TJ’s Goddess dressing. Simple. Delicious. Oh, I forgot the cake. The two cakes are finally gone.

During the evening, I was able to walk William through our financial files and explained how the Medicare Set-Aside works. That money along with the Workmen’s Comp money is going to him at my death. I wanted him to see how the files are set up and that Michael is really going to need his help with all the paperwork.

We were in bed snoring by 8:30. Today, Michael is off to work and possible jury duty (he has to phone in at 11:30) and Kimberly and William are heading into the city early to be with a friend most of the day.

Me? I think a nap is in order. If they take off this morning, I will head over to the other rehab. A workout sounds good.

No comments: