Thursday, September 22, 2011

Living with an ILD


“Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.”
Booker T. Washington
(1856-1915)

Okay, I got the above quote from my afternoon Good Earth tea bag but it still says it all. If you are reading my blog, you either have or are very close to someone who has a lung disease. It is a struggle. I know. I understand.

But, this is what I know to be true: MOVE. Get up and physically challenge yourself everyday.

Pushing yourself today just might make tomorrow a little easier. It worked for me. Please, push yourself. If it scares you to be short of breath, talk with your doctor about kicking up your supplemental oxygen needs while exerting yourself.

Walk just a little farther, eat just a little bit better, get out of your routine and your safe place. Take a chance for your own health. Take charge of your health.

Living with a lung disease is an obstacle. Living well with a lung disease is to embrace it, wrap it into your life but not allow it to run your life. Overcome the obstacles.

All this from a tea bag!!!

No comments: