Wednesday, September 21, 2011

No Rehab

Just when I am back into the rehab groove, the nurses are going on strike tomorrow. After that, the hospitals here are locking them out through Monday. I just can't cross a picket line of the nurses with whom I have become friends. Just can't.

Today will be the last day working out until Tuesday. My plan? I want to do extra yard work, except for Thursday when Winnie and family are coming for lunch and except for Friday when I meet my friends from high school for the first time. But, I should be able to do some work Friday afternoon after our morning coffee. So that leaves Saturday and Sunday and Monday. The upside? The gardens will look fantastic!

Diet info: I bought a new cookbook written by Dana Carpender which includes many appropriate low-fat, low carb recipes.  I made her Greek Meatza - a meat pizza made with lamb - which was so rich we froze half of it. Last night's dinner was white fish covered on both sides by aioli and parmesan cheese then baked. We had a side salad of avocado, celery, scallions, a little blue cheese, hard-boiled eggs tossed with a raspberry vinaigrette. Wonderful.

No comments: