Friday, September 2, 2011

What a Night!

Not at all what we expected. We did go to the car show and stayed for just a very short time. It was a beautiful evening and the sun was shinning.

Michael had a great idea. We drove up into the redwoods to a great restaurants for some oysters. They are the best there. We asked to just hang out in the bar area at a small table near the lit fireplace. Michael enjoyed the best Manhattan ever along with a plate of calamari. No one else was there.

This restaurant is an old staple. People eat there for special occasions and it really is a treat with views of the entire Bay Area. It turns out that I went to school with one of the long-time waiters. We reconnected then he mentioned the class reunion next weekend.

High school class reunion?!? There is also a pre-reunion cocktail party on Friday night. We are going to that. I am SOOOOO happy I lost weight.

Next, while we were sitting there, in walks the woman who was the founder of the school where I got sick. I have stayed in contact with her and she backed me against the current administration at the school. It was dark and she didn’t recognize me. I asked the host if it was indeed her. Yes. I went over to say hello and she invited me to a special event on the school campus. A nationally respected math teacher died well past her 100th birthday and the founder invited me to the private service for the school alums and community.

It will be the first time I will be back on campus since becoming ill. The current administration is going to be VERY nervous to see me there as well as not wanting me to talk to any of the former parents. Ha! That is going to be fun.

What a night. I am now going to a 40-year high school class reunion and returning to the scene of cause of my lung disease. 

No comments: