Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Two Down and Two To Go

This morning: Hot shower. Thank goodness! Funny how losing something for a few hours makes you appreciate it all the more.

Now that the water heater and the garbage disposal have been replaced, next on the list is the arbor along the entire width of the house. It needs paint. Michael has been doing research and has finally found what he has been looking for: he wants to replace the small, long wooden pieces on the top of the arbor with aluminum ones. No more painting!

After that and later in the fall, we really need to buy a new stove/oven. Ours is well past due for replacement but it really is not that old. Appliances don't last as long as they used to. After that, everything on our list for the year will be completed!

Around noon, I am taking the long drive into the city to have a chest x-ray and a visit with Dr. K., my lung doctor. The virus with its bacterial side effects has not yet totally left my body. My crystal ball sees more antibiotics in my near future!

This morning, I will be setting the table and will hit the gardens tomorrow all in anticipation of Easter. Mom is joining us around noon for a nice afternoon of dinner and cards and chatting. I also want to show her parts of the Great Performance show from PBS featuring Tony Bennett's Duet II recording sessions in celebration of his 85th birthday. This program is where I continued to fall in love with Lady Gaga. She has her music chops.

There is an orchestra rehearsal tonight but I know I will not be able to make it. There is little doubt that I should be exhausted from fighting traffic and waiting in line for my antibiotics. Bedtime will be early.

No comments: