Monday, April 9, 2012

Prednisone Fueled Week Ahead

We had a lovely Easter. We drove mom to our house through the giant redwoods down to the farm land then to the ocean. She loved it. I told her that during my last hours on earth, Michael is to throw me in the car and take me for this ride. It is really heaven on earth.

We watched a DVR recording of a PBS series featuring Tony Bennett's recording of Duets II. Mom loved it. We had an early dinner of Honeybaked ham, carrots, roasted red potatoes and later enjoyed fine petit fours in front of a warm fire in the living room. A nice day.

But now, it is the beginning of a crazy week ahead. Today, mom has physical therapy while I have rehab followed by food shopping. Homeward to cook a lamb stew for tomorrow night and a breakfast quiche. I also have to pay our property taxes (ouch!) and pay for the work fixing our house and water heater (bigger ouch!) though it is not finished yet. The sheet rock guy is due today or tomorrow to tape it off and texture the walls. He will be paid separately. We are still living in chaos.

Tomorrow: Mom and I have to be at her university hospital at 8:00AM to meet her new primary doctor. Afterwards, we are heading to Park Chow in the city to meet Susan for lunch then all of us are going to the ILD Support Group at my university hospital. The topic is going to be updates of ILD research and any new studies coming down the pike. I will report back to you, dear reader. We won't get home until late so I am going to have mom here for dinner then drive her home after rush hour.

I am feeling the effects of the prednisone: The constant hunger. The manic energy. The sleeplessness.

I hate it.

And with that positive note, I head off into the day!

No comments: