Saturday, April 28, 2012

Not a Normal Saturday


Friday, I made my way into the city for an appointment with Dr. M, my endocrinologist. We met to review my latest thyroid and cholesterol tests. All are perfect! I will slowly be adding two more fish oil pills a day for a total of six!

What was really nice was Dr. M. told me I looked fantastic but was sadden to hear that I had the major downturn with my lungs. I did wear my new black and white summer top over a black pencil skirt with green apple colored sandals with a small heal. I felt that I looked put together and stayed in the outfit to show Michael, who arrived home at 3:00. I had to take off at 3:30 for the final rehearsal with the little violin kids for our concert on Sunday. I changed into a shirt, jeans and flat sandals. Comfortable.

It is sunny and beautiful on the coast today. Should be in the 70’s and thousands of people are descending upon us for the Dream Machines, a fundraiser for the local senior center. Antique planes, fancy and classic cars and lots of food booths bring the crowds into the small airport north of us. We are staying home.

Yard work and bedroom wall painting are on the list of things to do this morning then, at 3:00 we are heading down the street for a 50th birthday party for Natalie, of Rick and Natalie. It is an Italian party and, as Michael is a HUGE Godfather fan, we offered to “bring the cannolis!”

My garden is bursting into spring. Here are some photos.


Enjoy your Saturday!




No comments: