Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tired But Still Standing

I wish was I feeling better. It has been three weeks since I began the increase in prednisone to counteract the downturn with my lungs caused by acute bronchitis. Halfway. I still have been coughing a lot. A dry hacking cough. Happens when I am carrying boxes up to mom's apartment or vacuuming the house or hauling buckets of weeds from the garden.

In bed, I also notice that my breathing still is restricted while I am trying to go to sleep. It just doesn't feel right. In three weeks, I will be having a full run of PFTs and a high resolution CT Scan. I am rather worried about the results.

My to-do list is rather full today. I told Michael that things should calm down a bit after May 5th. The final orchestra concert is that evening and the concert with the little violin kids is this Sunday. No more evening rehearsals until September. A break. A needed break.

I guess I am just tired. Tired of feeling tired. But, my body tells me to keep up with rehab. Tells me to eat well and try to sleep as much as possible.

So, I am tired but still standing. Still moving forward.

No comments: