Friday, April 6, 2012

Chaos and Cleaning Towards Easter

My life is workmen. They are still here dealing with the aftermath of the exploding water heater on Monday. Sheetrock guy is due today and Michael will be painting next week. I still don't have a closet for probably another full week. Wayne is going to be by to rebuild it for me along with replacing a lot of trim. My clothes are scattered all over the other two bedrooms.

I don't do well in chaos. I am now living in chaos.

Easter is coming as is my mom. The plan is to close the doors to all the bedrooms and I'll clean the rest of the house on Saturday as well as the gardens and the windows. It is going to be a big cleaning day!

Today is physical therapy and rehab for both mom and me! Afterwards, we are going by the Dutch bakery to buy petit fours for dessert on Easter and a dozen to bring with us tonight. We are going down the street for a birthday visit with Rick and Natalie and their wonderful daughter Melanie.

Mom and I were running errands late yesterday and I was rushing to the rehab class so she came along with me. It was fun for everyone to meet her and she had marvelous conversations with several people while waiting for me. Everyone told me how young and cute she looked!

She misses her girlfriends. I suggested that we arrange to go back to visit with them for lunch in two weeks. We also stopped by the rec department to look at their classes. They have a senior stretch that looks like fun and she might meet some nice women. She also wants to volunteer to read to young children at the library and possibly volunteer at the hospital. She so needs human interaction with contemporaries.

William leaves on an almost two month US tour with the big band today. Kimberly left on her almost two month US tour with her band earlier in the week. I asked if they were ever going to be able to cross paths. No. He will be in our area in May and we have arranged for Melanie to join us at one of the concerts. She is a sophomore in high school now, William held her as a new born baby (!), and has become a fan of his group. She is excited. I am hoping he will take her backstage for a few moments.

I am not yet feeling the effects of 30mgs of prednisone though it has just been one day. Maybe it will kick in and help with my cleaning day on Saturday!

No comments: