Monday, April 16, 2012

Rest? Ah, Next Weekend!


Rest. It has become my mantra. Saturday, I weeded the very front yard for two hours. Relaxing for me. It felt so good. After a shower, Michael and I sat in the garden enjoying the sunshine. Sunday was lovely. I finished the final book of The Hunger Games series, organized some paperwork, cleaned out the refrigerator, washed and ironed our sheets and took a nap. A good nap.

It was a very quiet day.

I spoke with my aunt in Tennessee where we were a year ago on our road trip for her granddaughter’s wedding. She has recently moved into a lovely resort-type retirement home just a few months before my mom moved into hers! Alma is not feeling well and is beginning to go through a lot of medical tests. She is just a bit of a thing. Wears girl-sized clothing. She is well under 5’ tall and weighted under 80 pounds when we saw her. It worries me that she is not well because she doesn’t have a whole lot in reserve.

I spoke with my brother. He was worried about telling my mom that they were not going to make it to my niece’s wedding. I made sure it would all be fine and it was. I learned so much managing things at the school! His project is coming to an end just about the time of the wedding and they just don’t want to commit to that expense during these times.

Today, I am going to rehab then will meet mom for lunch and to help her hang some more things on her walls. She is settling in.

Before the rehab class tomorrow, Natalie, Winnie and Oliver are going to swing by after swimming lessons. It is Natalie’s birthday. When we were working together, it was a big deal. A really big deal. It was marked on all of our calendars months ahead. Since becoming a mother, not so important. She has grown into an outstanding mom but even more importantly, a brilliant, kind, thoughtful woman. I so want to celebrate her birthday with her. So, I will pick up a great cake and balloons for a quick celebration. Shhhhh! Don’t tell her!

It is going to be a good week. Wednesday, mom and I are driving out for a lunch with all of her girlfriends whom she misses so much. Orchestra rehearsal will happen that evening so I will be very tired.

Last night, Michael and I vowed to take next Friday off. Fancy lunch in the city? A Tyler Florence restaurant Michael has been wanting to try? A ride down the coast or a ride up the coast? Down would be a beautiful drive and a light lunch. Up the coast would be fresh oysters along the water after a beautiful drive with breathtaking iconic views. Maybe even fresh sardines!

So many decisions! So much to look forward to!

Rest? Next weekend, for sure.

No comments: