Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Hello 2014

The back is better this morning. I realized that sleeping on my back might have caused yesterday's pain. Last night, I flipped side to side and I have just a bit of pain this morning. Thank goodness. I am going to take it easy today but I do plan to remove Christmas from the house a day earlier than our tradition. It became a tradition when Michael couldn't find the time to remove the outside Christmas lights until I finally had to climb a high ladder to remove them in July. Yes, July. When it was time to hang the lights that December, I told him that we would not have lights anymore. WHAT?!? We made a deal that the lights had to come down New Year's Day. It has been our tradition for many years.

Also, we have a rather recent New Year's Eve tradition of lighting a fire, sipping champagne, listening to music, eating dinner in front of the fire and talking about the previous year and our goals for the new year. Dinner tonight will feature a small rack of lamb and roasted vegetables. Simple but elegant special treat.

One of my goals stated yesterday is to return to the Weight Management Clinic to drop just a bit of weight. A month's worth of weight while I am on the liquid protein/bar diet. I did phone them to ask if I could just return or if I needed another referral? A new referral was requested from my favorite endocrinologist Dr. M., who wrote the first referral three years ago. I got an email from him yesterday confirming that the referral was sent so I will follow through with a phone call this morning for an appointment to get the ball rolling. I am excited to get going.

Mom and I ran a ton of errands yesterday and talked non-stop for hours. I was thrilled to learn that she played poker Saturday night with a group of men and women at her independent living complex (though they play quarters, she only lost $2 and is actually a really good poker player!) and she is actually going to the New Year's Eve party this morning from 11-2. She usually doesn't like going to those events as she is so touchy about her food but it is being catered by the facility. She has an eye doctor appointment on the 2nd for a shot in her eye and we plan to have our toe nails done on the 3rd. What a way to begin the New Year!

Have fun this evening as we welcome 2014!

No comments: