Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 1 - 2014

Here we go into 2014. It is like a present ready to be unwrapped. What will unfold during the year? Road trip? New lungs? Hospital stay? New friends? Who knows!! I guess that is the fun of it all. That is life.

So far this morning, we slept in and now we are watching one of Michael's Christmas presents: a DVD of James Bond's "Skyfall." He is a happy man. Later, we will drop off my car for new breaks, retrieve mom's Christmas decorations for storage in our garage, have a bit of lunch and just hang out together. A marvelous way to spend the first day of the new year.

Michael and I sat and chatted last night but fell into bed by 10PM. We are old! The days of being out at parties on New Year's Eve are over! I did have a glass of champagne while Michael had a sip of his special bourbon before we headed to bed. Tasty.We had roasted vegetables and a small rack of lamb for dinner. Perfect.

I did contact the Weight Management Clinic yesterday but they are out of the office until Thursday. I will phone at that time to make an appointment to begin my first goal of the year - ten pounds (or more).

May 2014 be a good year to all of us!

No comments: